- Next time you wash your hair, wet it thoroughly and then step out of the water
- Look down at your hair, and see if it’s curling into waves and ringlets
- If it is, you’re probably a curly girl
- Water resets your hair to its natural state
Consequently, How I discovered my hair was curly?
Can straight hair turn curly? Your hair may become curly with age if you inherited both straight and curly hair genes from your parents Some of these genes can be inactive at birth but then become turned on by hormones, aging, or other factors including medication, nutrition, stress, illness, or pollution
Besides How do I identify my hair type? How To Determine Your Hair Type?
- Straight Hair If your hair falls flat from the roots to the tips, you have straight hair
- Wavy Hair Wavy hair lies between straight and curly
- Curly Hair Check if your hair strands have an ‘S’ pattern
- Coily Hair Coily hair follows a ‘z’ pattern
Why does hair get curly when wet? The molecules in your hair are held together by strong chemical bonds, some of which are sensitive to water and can temporarily change their shape The shape of your hair reflects the shape of the molecules of which it is made
How do I activate my curly hair gene?
Curly hair is considered a “dominant” gene trait Straight hair is considered “recessive” To put that in simple terms, that means that if one parent gives you a curly-haired gene and the other parent gives you a straight-haired gene, you’ll be born with curly hair
What makes straight hair curly?
Your hair may become curly with age if you inherited both straight and curly hair genes from your parents Some of these genes can be inactive at birth but then become turned on by hormones, aging, or other factors including medication, nutrition, stress, illness, or pollution
How do I bring out my natural curls?
How to Activate Curls 8 Easy Ways
- Wash Hair With a Sulfate-free Shampoo
- Use Curl-Defining Conditioner
- Apply Leave-in Conditioner
- Comb Hair With Fingers
- Scrunch it Up
- Allow Hair to Air-dry
- Use a Diffuser
- Don’t Touch!
Why is my hair curly underneath but straight on top?
Genetics Is To Blame The texture of your hair is ultimately determined by inherited genes Genes from both parents interact with each other to produce your unique hair texture So, if you have parents with a mix of curly and straight hair, then it’s no surprise that your hair is similar
Is it possible to get curly hair naturally?
The key is not to fight your natural curls or waves This hair type needs plenty of moisture and hydration, as well as heat protection, curl-enhancing products and a gentle approach to drying and combing If you have naturally straight hair, fear not – you can still get curls!