If you are looking to learn how to make waves in the hair, then you came to the most complete guide that you are going to get on the Internet, where you will find the best photos and videos of hairstyles with loops and mainly learn how to do them step by step.
The healthy envy that we women with straight hair have is always on the girls who wear their natural hair with waves or that are made using different techniques where each wave wick has that addition that favors any style, giving it elegance, freshness, naturalness and that fabulous feminine chic touch.
Also, it mainly benefits highlights with degraded dyes or that have a type of dye and coloration that emulates the rays of the sun, such as California highlights or styles with balayage locks.
That is why I will explain to you so that you learn different ways to make waves in your hair without damaging your hair, but also after you wear those curls, curlers or whatever you want to call them, choose the best type of hairstyle depending on the face style you have.
Since they can go with hairstyles for short hair, long manes, semi-gathered, with bows, with different types of pigtails, braids or you simply wear the loose waves that are very beautiful but have strict maintenance.
In this guide I am going to teach you how to make waves without heat to avoid damaging the hair as well as applying tweezers, curling irons and curling irons, which are the ones used in beauty salons and hairdressing salons.
How to make waves in the hair?
There are different techniques to make waves in the hair when you do not have natural waves but following these tricks I assure you that you will be able to have beautiful wavy shapes that will give your hairstyles more personality.
You can do these tricks at home in a simple way and be able to enjoy an elegant, youthful look and, above all, a trend because it never goes out of style, because it is always a classic in beauty salons.
The secret of carrying waves in your hair is that they seem as natural as possible for those of us who are not lucky enough to have them and that is achieved by giving a tousled touch with the fingers of the hand after you manage to obtain the amount and thickness of each wave what are you looking for.
Because if you can not bring that look to the naturalness that you need, then the production and the lack of movement that all hair needs will be noticed, regardless of whether it is long, medium or short.
How to make open waves with a medium curling iron
Hair stylers with tweezers or also called curling irons are very useful for making hairstyles with waves and that is why I am going to give you an example of how to make one to have waves more naturally and have open waves in sight.
Fine tweezers are recommended for this type of wave.
- What you should do is roll the strand you want to have with wave using the curling iron and just by giving a single turn it will be the perfect process for it to look pretty.
- Then you have to move your hand quickly in the direction from top to bottom but remember not to reach the root or the tips.
- Mainly when you make this movement you have to do it in the middle part since with this you can achieve to have that undulation open.
- To finish if what you want is to add texture to your waves then what you have to do is choose a product that gives volume and texture by shaping it with the fingers of your hand.
Waves in short hair touching the ends
To start I will show you that wearing short hair and achieving the effect in motion is possible just by applying a small loop at the ends of the highlights.
As a tip I have to emphasize that it is advisable to wear a bob hairstyle so that you do not have to completely wave each strand and you will also achieve a greater amount of volume visually.
- As a first step what you should do is apply a heat protector to your hair previously that you have combed your hair with a line at the side.
- Applying tongs or a curling iron that has a medium diameter, you begin to create the waves on the opposite side of the line that you made (since you are going to have more hair to work with), but taking into account starting with each wick from the middle to the the points.
- On the other side with a hair iron it will be ideal but you do not have to smooth the entire length but when you reach the end of the tips, you turn the iron inward and with that you will get a greater volume and above all give it the accentuated shape you were looking for.
- To finish combs with a fine comb or brush to give it the desired naturalness.
Sienna Miller is a good example of how she wears this type of wave in her blonde hair.
Hair Straightener for tousled waves
To perform this technique of beautiful waves, what you have to do first is divide your hair into two strands that allow you to elaborate your look with the iron taking into account that one part will be the lower part and the other the outer part.
- The lock must be a few centimeters wide to be able to rotate the iron about 360 ° and roll to shape it.
- You have to do it in position and inward direction when you start winding and then slowly scroll down so that the heat takes effect in the wave without hurting or burning your hair.
- You have to repeat this process taking each strand until you finish with all your hair.
- In order for the created waves to last over time, you can use some fixing product.
- If you are going to apply small strands stuck to your face then it is recommended to take less hair and apply with a hair dryer and a round brush.
- Then the best thing is to finish combing with your fingers and fixer to form your hairstyle.
Waves for manes with long hair using the hair straightener
- To start what you have to do is take your hair and divide it into two parts as if you were to make two pigtails so you are going to have these two sections and add to all your hair spray that acted as a protector for the heat since when applying the iron the hair can be damaged by its intensity.
- Then you have to brush your hair well to distribute the product you applied.
- As this technique to make waves is for long hairs, it is best to go fixing each section and divide it with hair bands or pins depending on what is most comfortable in my case, use hair bands so that when working is more comfortable.
- When starting with the flat iron, what I did is take each lock with a medium size where it does not have to be very narrow since they will look very thin or thick because it will give the feeling of wide.
- Start winding each strand as you are used to and slide it gently but continuously so as not to burn the hair the iron until it reaches the ends and as you finish you turn it to give it that wavy effect.
- You have to consider that being long hair this technique what is achieved is a natural wave since it is not very marked as it could be a curl or a loop.
Diffuser and fine tweezers the perfect combo to make waves in short manes
I tried this technique when I had a season a very nice short hair that I recommend if you are constant in the maintenance of the hair and you can go monthly to the beauty salon to maintain the cut.
- First you have to have wet hair so that it can have a better effect and then you can start applying from the middle of each strand you take to the tips the detangling styling cream and then a spray that has the wave effect. (also called surf waves in beauty products)
- Once you have applied the products, you have to divide them into fine strands and you are going to roll them up with the fingers of your hand.
- To dry it is best to dry naturally but since you do not have much time you can do it with the dryer that has the diffuser applied to give it the expected effect.
- For this step you have to have dry hair without moisture, so the idea is to add volume and texture with a product you see in stores, if instead you want it to look natural you can not apply this step and leave it until here.
- To give it the appearance of a beauty salon and make it look more professional, then with the fine tweezers you are going to roll each strand and let it act for five seconds, no more than that to see how the applied wave is.
- The best thing is to always give the locks direction in a different way so that the naturalness you are looking for can be more real when it comes to seeing your finished hairstyle and that this messy, natural and spontaneous effect is present.
- Consider that the highlights of the forehead always have to roll outwards which would be in the opposite direction to your face, so with a little help from your fingers and if you want to add a texturizing spray it will make those waves last longer. .
Achieve undone waves with hair straightener
Without a doubt, this technique to make waves is the best to obtain natural finishes, but you have to consider these steps to be able to do them.
- Start by applying a spray product to comb, detangle and to create the famous surf waves that are in fashion, always having wet hair beforehand.
- With your dryer what you have to do is dry from the ends to the roots without aiming directly so as not to damage the scalp and then divide the highlights into different sections.
- Then apply hair texturizer to each of them and you will begin to undulate with the help of the iron that previously must already be hot.
- When applying the iron, you do not have to turn as I mentioned in other cases, but the idea to make it more natural is to move first to the inside of the hair, then move outwards and continue the process.
- With this you will achieve a kind of zig zag and that the waves remain natural but at the same time soft in their definition.
- To improve this type of wave, it is best to take with a curling iron that is wide in thickness and you can go over mainly the highlights that appear on your face stuck, then if you want it randomly apply it all around your hair where you see it. uncontrollable locks.
Wide curling iron to make perfect waves
- Once you have your hair washed you have to dry it with a hair dryer and then apply a product that is to give volume to your mane.
- The next step will be combing using the hair dryer but also a round comb which will help to achieve a greater feeling of hair in the hairstyle.
- Once you do, start winding each strand of your hair with a curling iron that has a diameter of medium thickness.
- With texturizing spray you have to comb with your fingers and then let the hair set in the desired hairstyle.
Hair Waves with Iron, Curling Iron or Curling Iron?
Without hesitation either of these two systems is the fastest you can choose to make waves in your hair, what changes mainly is that the curling iron is cheaper than buying a hair straightener.
And also a great advantage that both have is that allows you to better control the type of wave you want since you can control the heat you apply to it.
It is always recommended to use a special product that allows you to protect from heat intense that radiates to your hair where you apply it.
As a main premise you have to always consider that if you take a lock for both iron and curling iron that is thick then the wave will be much more open.
But one of the questions that you will surely keep asking yourself is What do I curl my hair with? a curling iron or a curling iron and there I will clear your doubt.
The molders that exist today can be with or without clamps, which are called pincers, they can be conical or oval.
On the other hand you have the automatic hair curlers where the current ones have evolved a lot in regards to its design and material since it varies according to what you want to implement in your beauty look.
Types of Hair Curlers
The first thing you have to define is the type of wave or curl you want to obtain and also the type of hair you have since depending on these two fundamental factors, you will have to choose what type of curler you should implement.
This is due to the fact that there are a large number of molders of different characteristics (with clamp and without clamp) and each one has an advantage over another.
Type of Curl you want:
- For small curls a small barrel less than 2.5 centimeters must be used.
- For Waves That they are loose, we recommend the largest barrel that exceeds 2.5 centimeters.
- Finally for soft curls which are not so marked, a medium barrel that is 2.5 centimeters must be implemented.
Hair Stylers with Clip
The curling irons that have a clip are the most classic that are used since they hold the strands while they heat up to give waves to your hair.
And it has a great highlight that you do not touch the heat emitted by the barrel with your fingers, so if you do not have experience and want to start or for comfort they are the best choice to use on your hair compared to manual curling irons.
To stand out as an advantage is that it has a wide variety of sizes that can be achieved with respect to the barrel which can make waves of different dimensions for the hairstyle you need.
In addition to being simple to use, it is an advantage that will always be present since the wick that you want to make a wave or curl is fixed with the clamp.
Once the styler has warmed up, slowly and gently release your hair with your thumb.
The only thing that I personally do not like so much that when using a hair clip many times leaves a fold if you do not heat it just enough time and you spend the estimated seconds.
Clipless Hair Stylers
For this type of curling iron you have to have a previous experience which I do not recommend if you never used a hair styler since it will be a bit complicated and you can burn your fingers more than once.
This is because you have to wind the lock you want to manually give a waveform to the barrel.
So this type of curling iron almost always brings thermal gloves to protect you and not burn you.
Something very positive is that unlike the one that has tweezers with these you can get closer to the root of your hair so you can achieve a greater volume and that for your hairstyle is very favorable in most of the times.
Also as another advantage I can highlight that the folds are not something you can worry about since not using clamps is a great benefit.
What is the best barrel material for Hair Curlers?
The barrel starts from the shaping tool, which can vary according to its shape, which holds part of the lock of the selected hair, then radiates heat onto the hair.
This barrel could be made of ceramic, titanium or tourmaline.
Ceramic Hair Curler
As it is a non-metal tool it has the advantage that it can distribute all the heat evenly, which is why the property of having ceramic in your assembly is beneficial.
Therefore, your hair is very little damaged since it has a very low coefficient of friction and the ceramic itself is a very durable material, transmitting negative ions, which favors the static electricity that could be produced in your hair.
Titanium Hair Curler
These types of curling irons are better than ceramic curling irons but more expensive to purchase.
In addition, titanium has the advantage that they heat up faster than the previous ones and they run with the plus of being more resistant but always consider that they are more expensive but unlike you will have a curling iron that will last you much more years.
That’s why everything depends on the use you give it and if it really will be something essential in your weekly hairstyle then I would lean towards this type of curling iron.
In the panel that the curling iron has, being made of titanium material, the metal will be able to distribute all the necessary heat in an even and total way.
Something important is that it consumes less energy, which will lower the consumption of electricity since titanium itself maintains heat for longer.
And as a final detail, being lighter due to its titanium material, this shaper allows you to make the waves you want in a lighter way and with greater ease for its movement.
Tourmaline Hair Curler
Here we have already reached the most expensive hair stylers for their material, which in itself is already expensive for anyone’s pocket but has its advantages for our waves.
Undoubtedly, the best hair curlers are tourmaline because this material is a mineral that is not metallic and when it gets high heat temperatures what it does is emit negative ions which is what is needed to be able to have a reduction in charge electrostatic on your hair.
So in less time you get the waves and loops you want quickly, which with both titanium and ceramic takes much longer.
By reducing the use you will also achieve less frizz of the hair and the mane will look healthier but also obtaining a natural shine difficult to achieve otherwise.
Temperature Regulator for Curly
From 185 ºC it is the correct temperature to be able to shape the hair using curling irons, curling irons, curling irons or flat irons.
That is why by means of that heat radiated by these tools that are used to shape your mane, the proteins that are part of your hair can maintain their structure due to the internal component that they involve that are called disulfide.
But when the heat is applied to these unions, what happens to it is that it weakens, which is why it is possible to give it the shape you are looking for for your look.
The same applies to making waves, curls or simply straightening hair.
So always remember that the hair has internally disulfidewhen applying heat it weakens and you can mold hair to your liking.
Wave or Curl Hair Type
There are two important factors to consider before choosing which type of curling iron is most suitable for your mane, on the one hand the length of hair you have and on the other you have to know what type of wave you want for your hairstyle.
- For medium to long hair it is recommended to use long ripples (32 mm or 1 1/4 ″ barrel) or forms of wavy broad (38 mm or 1 1/2 ″ barrel).
- For an average hair length you have to calculate to make yourself a classic wave (25 mm or 1 ″ barrel).
- If you have medium to short length hair then you should go for light curls (19mm or 3/4 ″ barrel) or tight curls (10mm or 3/8 ″ barrel) which are generally more elastic.
Types of Barrel shapes
There are different types of waves and depending on which one you want to achieve, the type of adapter and diameter that you should use will influence.
Straight barrel: This shape is the classic one with which the loops began to be made and allows the undulation of your locks in a unified way.
Conical Barrel: If you want to make wide waves, this is the diameter you need, it is to make curls accurately, having the advantage of getting closer to the root and that the wave that is achieved will expand as it descends to the tips.
Pearl Barrel: The good thing about the barrel-shaped barrel shape is you can get a natural wave effect for casual hairstyles.
Spiral Barrel: They are for getting waves perfectly quickly and are useful if you like more structured hairstyles.
Double or triple barrel: they are ideal for achieving wide waves that cover a lot of space within the long hair, on the contrary if you need defined curls in your look.
How to make waves in hair without heat
There are different types of ways to make waves in your hair without using the heat of the styling machines that can be used in a beauty salon, hairdresser or simply at home, but the effects will always be less lasting.
Using this type of techniques and tips that I will leave you next, you will get incredible natural waves without having to use the heat of a curling iron or hair straightener.
Make Waves in the Hair with Stockings
Now I am going to show you an extravagant way to make the waves with stockings which seems to be something half incredible but it is a technique that some models use when they have little time and few resources.
- Taking your mane you divide it into two sections so that you can add an average for each lock of the mane that you separated.
- To continue you have to make two well rolled knots, which are next to each other and with the same dryer you apply heat to fix.
- As a secret of this technique you have to consider making this moñete as high as possible since at a higher height, before the waves begin in your hair which will give it more shape.
Something you have to consider is better to do this type of technique with damp hair and leave it as long as possible since the wavy shape will stay much longer as you can also apply a fixing spray to finish.
Make Waves in the Hair with the fingers of the hand
This is a technique that does not work on any type of hair, since women who have straight hair is naturally more difficult to work but you can try and then tell me if it worked.
There are different ways, some prefer to use rollers or curlers but in this case you will learn in a homemade way that you can do at any time of the day.
- With damp hair you have to wind locks with your own fingers, which you have to previously divide from your hair and fix with bobby pins.
- Then you let the hours pass so that this wave is better and more marked, the longer you leave it, the more marked it is, but consider the forks as well.
- So the best thing so that the pins or hairpin that you put on each lock is not marked, the best thing is to use hairdressing tweezers.
Consider that if the curlers are wide when you hold them, then the waves will be more open, on the other hand if if you hold what you rolled is narrower, the curls obtained will be more closed.
How to make hair waves with braids
Making braids is very simple when you practice them and mainly you learn a lot to do them when you have girls since it is a classic hairstyle for your daughters at school time.
But if you want to have waves in a natural way you can implement this type of braiding to add a little body and movement to your hair.
- First you have to make a traditional braid that can be the famous French braid, this should be applied to wet hair after washing your hair.
- Then you have to take into account that the thickness of the braid in each strand you make will shape the wave later as well as if this braid is tight or tight as well as less tight.
- If what you are looking for is to have many small waves on the head, then the most recommended is to distribute different braids throughout the mane, this is recommended if you have hair with abundant hair.
- In the opposite case that you have little hair then the best thing is to just do a braid and then the waves will be generated.
- Once you let it dry that can be applied throughout the day while you are doing your normal life or at night before going to bed, you take off your braid and you will wear some beautiful waves and then make the hairstyle that you like the most.
As a trick to make sure that the waves are perfect and do not fall apart, the best thing is with a hair iron to go through each braid so that this heat fixes the undulations.
How to make waves with a scarf
I really liked this technique because it is simple to perform and it is very beautiful since you will be able to make waves without heat and inspired by the Victoria Secret models.
The good thing about this technique is that you don’t have to use hair irons or curling irons.
- Start by moistening the hair so that it takes more shape when making the waves.
- Then apply a little “serum»In tips and middle of each mochen to achieve more shine and that to the touch it is softer.
- The next step is to make a ponytail at the height you want but consider that if you make it higher you can get a greater volume. To tie it you can use an elastic hair band so that the hair is not marked.
- Now with a handkerchief, scarf or pashmina you go through the ponytail that you made on the rubber band and put the tips of the scarf together until they are centered and you start to slide the scarf over it and then slide to the tips.
- Once you get below the strands, which would be the ends, with the same movement you wind the hair and once you reach the top of the head you give a couple of more turns so that it is well attached and the wave is marked more.
- To finish you make a couple of knots on the scarf that you put on so that it is fixed and then you let it rest for a whole night.
- The next day you have to undo the roll you made and shape it with your own fingers and hands.
- To finish I recommend again applying serum to give that shine and movement to the waves that is needed for any hairstyle.
How to Make Waves with Bun Filler
The filler that is used for hair bun is the donut or bump and this is another option that is used to make as many waves as you want without damaging the hair.
The hair is recommended to be damp but not very wet since the idea is to dry it as soon as possible.
If you are not interested in using heat then to accelerate the process to make it faster with the hair dryer you can shoot hot air and then cold air to fix the waves made.
- With a filler to tie your hair like a donut you roll all your hair with a ponytail from the tip to the center.
- You start opening the hair with your hands covering the donut and to hold you add open hairpins.
- Now you have to wait a few hours, until your hair feels completely dry.
- So you start to disassemble the bun and remove the filler releasing the loose hair, obtaining large waves and scraps.
To get the same effect but without using the filler then you can do it getting the same effect for that you have to:
- Make a ponytail and then you are taking damp locks by winding them and holding them with hairpins that are flat
- The tips you put inside each winding you do and always try to make each wick you take this wet enough.
- Once it is dry, remove all the hairpins and the rubber with which you made the ponytail.
How to make waves with a bun (ballerina bun)
I really like this technique for its simplicity to do quickly and easily at home when you want to have beautiful waves and give your hair more movement.
I recommend making this bun a day after you bathe and with this you will get soft natural waves.
- Brush the hair well to detangle and then use a styling cream accompanied by a spray that sprays water to moisten and then dries with the bun done and when released, achieve the expected waves.
- You have to do a super high ponytail from the middle of the head.
- Then twist all your hair as if you were making a normal bun and then simply fix it with a rubber band or a small hair band.
- Begin to slowly pull and tug on the sides of the bun so that it grows larger and more beautiful.
- Once you wear the bun all day then it’s time to free your hair and achieve those expected waves that you can accommodate with your fingers.
How to Make Waves in Hair with Curlers
The curlers are like rollers but longer since more hair enters to make loops or curlers and the good thing that it has can be folded to adapt what you need.
- With clean but damp hair you have to start doing this tutorial where you must make a partition through the middle of your mane and then take one of those two locks and divide it in two, halfway down where you have your ear.
- Now you have to apply a curler by rolling from the tip back until you reach the root of the hair.
- When you get there, what you should do is fold the curlers, squeezing it to fix, something you have to consider is that if you want the wave to be marked more, you should take less hair for the lock and if you want the wave to be marked less, add more amount of hair for each curlers.
- Continue doing this process for each strand you divided into all the rest of the hair.
Debes dejarte puesto estos bigudíes aproximadamente una hora ya sera suficiente que el cabello se seque y si estas muy apurada y necesitas tener ondas rápidas entonces puedes utilizar el secador de pelo dando aire frió para lograr el resultado rápidamente.
Espero que toda esta información te sirva para que elijas tu mejor opción para tu peinado y puedas comenzar hacerte tus ondas en el cabello.
Si deseas compartir estos trucos con tus amigas entonces te invito a que compartas en tus redes sociales como facebook, twitter o la que utilices, hasta el próximo articulo de belleza y peinados.